Counselling Skills For The Accidental Counsellor
In your workplace, or personal life, do you connect with people, clients or customers who are sometimes upset, distressed, sad, hurt, lonely or simply need someone to listen to them? If you’re not a trained counsellor, it can be difficult to manage these situations with confidence.
Accidental Counselling refers to situations where emotional support is given by one person to another person and where the person giving support is not a trained counsellor.
The Counselling Skills for the Accidental Counsellor workshop is practical, interactive and will benefit anyone required to provide regular, or occasional, informal support and counselling. By the end of the workshop, you will develop skills in the following areas:.
- Effective listening skills
- Asking the right questions
- Empathetic communication
- Focusing others towards solutions
- Positive body language
- Ending conversations respectfully
- Assisting others to consider new possibilities
- Restraining the urge to ‘fix’, or solve, another person’s problem
Cost: The cost to attend a public workshop is $297.00 per person (inclusive of GST). Concession prices will be considered on an individual basis for those with financial constraints. Group bookings (five or more people enrolling in the one booking), will receive a 10% discount.
Public workshops in 2020 for "counselling skills for the accidental counsellor"
Additional public workshops are continually being added to the above list.
Bookings: To register your interest at any of the above workshops, please email Elite Counselling & Consulting with the date of the program you are interested in attending.
In-house, customised workshops of the "counselling skills for the accidental counsellor"
Programs have been delivered for the following organisations:
- Fonditha Care
- Colac Otway Disability Accommodation
- Laverton Community Integrated Services
- St Joseph’s College, Geelong
- Health on Course, Cowes
- Northern Hospital
- Kilmore & District Hospital
- Anglicare, Loaves & Fishes, Emergency Relief
- Worktrainers, Shepparton
- Violet Town Bush Nursing Home, Violet Town
- Waranga Boat Club, Waranga Shores
- Mandala Wellness, Geelong
- Bentleys Aged Care, Bendigo
- Moyne Shire Council, Port Fairy
- Wighton’s Lawyers, Geelong
- Wonthaggi Secondary College
- The Centre, Wangaratta
- ECKA Eureka Community Kindergarten Association
The “Counselling Skills for the Accidental Counsellor” workshop can be delivered specifically for your organisation. In-house programs are customised to your workforce, and are very cost-effective. Please contact us for a quote to have the program delivered in your workplace.